This service is sponsored by
TELE-satellite
INTERNATIONAL
http://www.tele-satellite.com

Editor for TSi:
Marc Ruenger
eMail: MRuenger@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/mruenger/sat-tv.htm

ALL MATERIAL PROVIDED HERE IS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE
USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

HACKING

In article <3488B8E2.48E4@oppi.pao.osakk.fi>
           jung@oppi.pao.osakk.fi "Juha-Matti Ung" writes:

> Why is it harder to crack... isn't it still the same kind of code which
> you cracker  dudes.. cracked... why is it taking so long.. now..

Have you tried READING some of the other postings in the group?

Had you done so, you would know by now that NOONE has every "cracked" any
of these previous codes.  Yes, that's right, noone.  Yet despite this,
the codes ARE (or rather, were) known.

You may find this a paradox, but consider this:
    The codes that are in the public domain were derived through cracking
    the protection on *commercial* pirate cards.
    The producers of those cards got the keys through one of two methods:
        They are privy to knowledge of one or more issuer codes; these
        are related to individual card numbers, so are guarded very
        jealously, since the broadcasters could simply stop sending the
        updates for that particular card.  Nevertheless, through knowing
        these codes, the decryption codes can be discovered when a card
        update code is ssent to change the code
        They were given the code through the back door, perhaps by an
        employee of the boradcaster
    The encryption method AND the codes for Canal+ have been changed
    recently; it has probably NOT escaped you attention that FilmNet have
    recently been brought under new management, and it's extremely likely
    that the person or persons responsible for previous leaks are no
    longer employed by Canal+, and hence haven't been able to sell the
    new codes to the commercial pirates.

THAT is why it may well be a VERY long time before the codes are around.
I note however that at least one of the commercial cards is claimed to be
working with the new codes, so perhaps the hackers can start to try to
crack this instead.  But DON'T hold your breath...

--
Brian {Hamilton Kelly}                                         bhk@dsl.co.uk
        "The fundamental design flaws [of the products of the Micros^WSirius

EUROTICA FREQUENCY

On Sat, 6 Dec 1997 12:28:36 -0000, "news.globalnet.co.uk"
<plawson@lawson-maclaine.com> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me the new frequency for Eurotica

12.264 vertical

In article <348A8994.D9A14C74@bigrp.demon.co.uk>, Dominic Sedghi
<dominic@bigrp.demon.co.uk> comments ...

>does anyone know what the name of the new IRIB channel which is
>transmitting on HotBird 3, 12,437 H, is?

Going off the English graphic that appears occasionally it appears to be
:

'JAAM-E-JAM TV Network'.

No idea what that translates to in English I'm afraid, I assume it will
become a best of terrestrial TV channel for Iranians abroad.

==

Ray

   E-mail : ray.w@zen.co.uk

CANAL+ INFO

Hi,

I´ve just talked with a friend working on CanalDigital.
He says that Canal+ using a code from the old Canal + France card. It must
be some old codes...

Please help

Canalhack@divab.se
Per@divab.se

SCI FI CHANNEL

Hi, to all the satellite crazy people out there. I know C+ is tough at
the moment. But guess what I found. Sci-Fi has started on Sirius (must
be the new bird cos my 80cm dish has only very little sparkies!)
Decodeable with the usual EC-M card.
I can only say that this is a consolation prize after what's been going
on with C+.

Regards to all. BTW Sci-Fi 12.474 V (or may be lower at 12.322 V) in
D2Mac at 5deg.Sirius. Cheers

#####

You can subscribe AND unsubscribe at TELE-satellites Homepage at:
http://www.tele-satellit.com
For information on how to subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to
Majordomo@tags1.dn.net (_not_ to me, please - so do NOT use reply) and include
the line
help
in the body of your message.