Subject: Re: Nokia Mediasmaster problems
From: mpoulsen@post4.tele.dk (Mogens Poulsen)
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 23:48:47 GMT

Arne Herlov Petersen <herlahp@inet.uni-c.dk> wrote:

>Can't make it work.
>It works OK or Astra and Hotbird, but when I point the dish to Sirius or
>Thor and enter the frequency of one of the digital channels there under
>the heading "Transponder frequency" (I guess that's what I am supposed
>to do) and also enter the FEC and symbolrate of that channel from the
>list, the Mediamaster "searches" but returns emptyhanded every time.
>So perhaps this version really is blocked, so that it can only receive
>channels from the two satellites?

Something is wrong here - afaik my 9200s is a 9500 without the CAM and
I have no problems that look like yours - others though!

Now, do you remember to set the correct polarity - remember it's your
analog reciever that controls this if you are using the
"splitter"-way? and it controls the selection of the high or low-band!

I'm using a Grundig Twin Universal LNB and therefore the Nokia has
it's own connection to the LNB - unless I'm looking at 37-45W - in
this case I'm using another dish that's controled by an analog
reciever with a SWM quatro-band LNB. I must then enter another LO. for
the high-band (10750) and remember to select a channel on the analog
reciever that has the same polarity and is in the band as the
digital-channel I'm looking for.

Hope this hasn't confused you too much.

Mogens