This service is sponsored by
TELE-satellite
EUROPES SATELLITE MAGAZINE
http://www.tele-satellite.com

Editor for TS:
Marc Ruenger
eMail: MRuenger@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/mruenger/sat-tv.htm

ALL MATERIAL PROVIDED HERE IS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE
USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

Sky's first ECM against BPSC2
=============================

Time & Date: Monday Morning, 5th of August 96
Target: BPSC2
Result: A complete success (for Sky)
State of BPSC2: "INCORRECT CARD" on all channels
Update: Too early to tell
Cost: Unknown, lets hope it will free
Preliminary comments: So, the BPSC2 is not immortal after all. What a shame.
I thought it will work until the second day of Card 0B. So so so perfect, so
far. But still, it achieved an all time record of 4 bloody months of
uninterrupted viewing. Especially, up against that AWESOME twin-processor
Card 10. Can somebody get me Mr Cary, please? No luck??? OK, Herr Kuhn, it is
your turn... This time, don't let everybody dissapointed again.

The Defiant page will concentrate on offering VERY up-to-date facts,
independent views, analysis, gossip and rumours, not only for BPSC2,
but for all other products as well.

Second topic today: DIGITAL-TELEVISION:

cp@via.nl () wrote:

> I hear a lot of stories that in august some channels on ASTRA will go
> digital, and won't be receivable anymore by the current receivers.
> Which channels exactly go digital ?
> Will I still be able to receive Galavision (since I'm interested in
> spanish spoken stations).

I guess you're also mostly concerned about the Dutch channels too. In that
case the answer is yes. RTL4, RTL5, Veronica (all part of the Holland
Media
Group) and SBS6 will end their analogue services in August and have
already joined MultiChoice's digital package on the digital Astra's.
You can receive them if you pay 1600 guilders for a digital receiver.
The CAM (conditional access module) from Irdeto which allows descrambling
of digital MultiChoice channels will accompany your receiver and will
automatically descramble all of the above channels without payment.
Ofcourse the other channels (FilmNet etc.) require payment.

Other channels which will be leaving Astra in August are TV1000 and the 3
TV3s, but they're completely leaving Astra and are still available on
other satellites in their analogue form.

As far as Galavision is concerned, I recall hearing rumours some months
ago it would be leaving Astra. Whether they would go digital or move to
another satellite is unclear. But I haven't heard anything since so I
guess Galavision is here to say for at least some time to come.

Regards,
Nathan 'Jenskot' Dayspring.

[Other mailing lists]