Sat-UK-News Report #263:
- Sky Two to return
- Reception report
* Sat-UK-Web
Thursday 11.06.98
Email: dsedghi@TELE-Satellite.com OR dominic@bigrp.demon.co.uk
UK Satellite Control: http://www.sat-net.com/uk-satellite/
And now the news:

Sorry this report is going out rather late tonight. I'm quite busy at
the moment due to various things so I haven't had much time to get down
and work.

---------- Sky Two to return
 Sky Two is coming back. The entertainment channel, designed as an
add-on to Sky One, was scrapped a while back due to continually low
ratings - not surprising - all they showed was the shows Sky One didn't
want! Sky Two will resume it's old slot on Astra transponder 7 (11.303
H), broadcasting in the evenings after the Fox Kids Network from around
July 1st, from which time the National Geographic Channel will have
moved to transponder 51 (10.744 H), the old home of CMT Europe. National
Geographic Channel will be a 24-hour multi-themed channel, designed to
take over from NBC Europe, and will also be broadcast on Eutelsat II-F1
/ HotBird 5 (pending successful launch).
 Sky Two will feature a broad range of programming, including: some of
the movie previews and magazines currently shown on Sky Movies Screen 1
& 2; baseball from the U.S.; more Sky One alternatives and other
repeats; a news programme called 'Sky Live'; erotic entertainment on
Saturday and Tuesday nights! The channel will soon also be available on
Télécom 2A in D2-MAC for ex-patriots living in France, although this
launch is expected sometime in the winter.

---------- Reception report
 "Nilesat 7W Pal  clean but source unsure on what freq. to use for audio
& digits OK on 1.8M.  Limited Sparklies on Pal but digits in trouble on
95cm. Is the poor frequency response on Sky digital test card at 28E a
sign of things to come-- compared with "d" box testcards at 1W and
Nilesat.
 A. 1.8M Channel Master, HtoH,Grundig twin .7 Universal, manual inclined
orbit tracking + second LNB customised for Thor 1
and Pace MSS508. Nokia 9200. dbox.
 B. 95cm motorised + Grundig twin .7 univ. and Pace Mss 1008.
(Ken Hodges, South Birmingham UK)

[lucky bugger, with all that stuff! You didn't just quote all that to
impress us did you? ;-)]

********** Sat-UK-Web
 Sat-UK-Web will close down within the next few days. Reasons were
numerous: it was time-consuming, numbers gradually declined in a
preference to other listings sites, etc... However, I'd just like to say
thank-you to everyone who used the site and helped to improve it. It
couldn't have existed without your help. A notification page will soon
be put up instead of the main index page and shortly thereafter the site
will be removed. I suggest fo frequency listings and launch info you
check out SATCO DX at http://www.satcodx.com/ . They have everything
you'll need.
 Meanwhile I'd just like to remind everyone that the three mailing lists
will continue as per usual. Anyone who misses the listings can still
keep in touch by receiving daily listings from Sat-UK-Tab. Subscription
details appear at the foot of this report. No doubt in the future I will
have much more time to devote to both Sat-UK-News and Sat-UK-Tab, so
expect to see some improvements, especially in the text frequency
charts. Future features such as C-Band and inclined satellites may well
feature if demand is high enough. Anyway, for now, thanx to everyone and
I hope you don't miss the site too much!  Dom.

All contents (C) 1998 Dominic Sedghi, except where indicated. All
rights reserved. Contents may be reproduced providing the following
is included: "Provided by Sat-UK, a part of TELE-Satellite".
Information is subject to change and/or may be incorrect.