[Prev][Next][Index]

Sat-UK-News #262 10.06.98: Thor 3 launched!

Sat-UK-News Report #262:
- Thor 3 launched successfully!
- Reception reports (Nilesat 101)
Wednesday 10.06.98
Email: dsedghi@TELE-Satellite.com OR dominic@bigrp.demon.co.uk
Sat-UK-Web: http://www.sat-uk.com/
UK Satellite Control: http://www.sat-net.com/uk-satellite/
And now the news:

---------- Thor 3 launched successfully!
 Anyone who managed to stay up last night to watch the launch of Thor 3
will now be setting up their system to check for test transmissions.
Launch was successful and Thor 3 should now be on it's way to
geostationary orbit at 0.8° west, where it will broadcast several
channels in D2-MAC and MPEG-2 to Scandinavia and Central Europe.
Footprints, transponder and frequency listings and future channels for
this satellite are all available at Sat-UK-Web.

---------- Reception reports (Nilesat 101)
 "Last night i tuned to the Nilesat satellite and had a viewable picture
with just a few sparklies but no sound on both of the above frequencies.
The weather was heavy rain at the time so I was quite impressed."
- Pace 508IP, 1mtr Channel Master Dish, Blackburn, Lancashire
(Lee)

Good reception from vertical tps, no reception from horizontal tps.
- 90cm Greg. dish, 0.7dB Univ. LNB, Nokia 9602 Mediamaster, London
(Anonymous)

Aah... now, back to the world cup. COME ON SCOTLAND!!!

All contents (C) 1998 Dominic Sedghi, except where indicated. All
rights reserved. Contents may be reproduced providing the following
is included: "Provided by Sat-UK - www.sat-uk.com/".
Information is subject to change and/or may be incorrect.