[Prev][Next][Index]

Sat-UK-News #226 02.04.98: Fashion TV, Eros TV, April Fool

Sat-UK-News Report #226:
- Fashion TV back; Eros TV tests; JSTV
- Discovery Digital
- April Fool - sorry folks!
thursday 2nd april 1998
Email: dsedghi@TELE-Satellite.com OR dominic@bigrp.demon.co.uk
Sat-UK-Web: http://www.sat-uk.com/
UK Satellite Control: http://www.sat-net.com/uk-satellite/
And now the news:

---------- Fashion TV back; Eros TV tests; JSTV
 After its small break of one day, Fashion TV is back on Eutelsat II-F1.
It is not known why the channel ceased just for the day; perhaps due to
technical problems. In addition, the channels reported yesterday as
Entertainment TV Europe was actually a set of tests being conducted by
Eros TV. They were testing in both PAL and D2-MAC on 11.658 V.

---------- Discovery Digital
 Following yesterday's report that Animal Planet had left HotBird 1,
11.304 H, replaced by a digital package, here is the line-up of the
package, which has SR27500, FEC3/4, and is encrypted (presumably in
PowerVu):
Channel 1
Discovery Channel Eastern Europe
Discovery Channel Eastern Europe Polish (*)
Discovery Channel Italia
Discovery Channel Italia English (*)
Discovery Channel Russia
Discovery Next
Discovery 6
 The channels marked (*) are simply replicas of the channels immediately
above, but with different audio. For some reasons, they have been listed
in this package as separate channels. They have not been listed on the
charts.

---------- April Fool - sorry folks!
 I'm sure most of you - if not all - realized that yesterday's dodgy
report about Sat-UK-TV was an April Fool. Hey, if I can't indulge my
fantasies on April 1st, when can I? There is of course no such satellite
which has been purchased, no such TV channels as Sat-UK-TV, and I'm sure
I'm not the only one who's never heard of the FILAR LOOP (work it out
:-)). Well, we can always dream...

All contents (C) 1998 Dominic Sedghi, except where indicated. All
rights reserved. Contents may be reproduced providing the following
is included: "Provided by Sat-UK - www.sat-uk.com/".
Information is subject to change and/or may be incorrect.