[Prev][Next][Index]

SAT Observations 96.12.20

WELCOME TO SAT-MIDEAST !
A news release from Cairo, Egypt, located at 30.3 North - 31.15 East
WHAT YOU'LL FIND HERE:
- Satellite and Transponder Observations in C- and Ku-Band,
- Commented from the Middle Eastern perspective.

WHAT YOU DON'T FIND HERE:
- Astra, Eutelsat Superbeam and Skandinavian Reports.
- D-Box Info, DF-1 Reports and daily Feed Listings.
THE HEADLINES IN THIS REPORT:

- SAT-MidEast on-line
- Hot Bird 2
- Bits & Pieces

Today a sort message, I've been very busy to get the SAT-MidEast info
pages on line. Later more to that.
Yesterdays mailing was only send early this morning while it proved to
be impossible, late evening, to get connected to my service provider.

ARABSAT 1C, 30.5 East, SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/a1c.html
----------
On txpr 15, 3.979 GHz, Rc, previous used by KSC Kuwait, a feed for MBC
London was txm in the afternoon.

HOT BIRD 1, 13 East, SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/hotbird.html
----------
Is has been noticed that RTL 7 on txpr 14, 11.492 GHz, V, at times, and
not only during commercials, is broadcasting without on-screen logo.

MCM on txpr 6, 11.304 GHz, H, intends to txm various versions of the
programme in MPEG2 from early next year, as was heard in a live studio
discussion.

HOT BIRD 2, 13 East,  14, SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/hotbird.html
----------
Very little news to see, from the Middle Eastern point of view.
Polonia 1 did not appear (it was announced yesterday) on txpr 53, 11.785
GHz, H. The txpr seems not even to be active.

Testing could be seen on the Nethold txpr 57, 11.862, GHz, H on the
superbeam.

Furtheron is RAI broadcasting RAI uno, due, tre and TelePace on txpr 52
in MPEG2 on the superbeam, txpr 54 is activated and will follow soon
with additional programming.

Telepiu has started to broadcast  test txm on txpr 62, 11.958 GHz, V,
txpr 64, 11.996 GHz, V, and txpr 66, 12.034 GHz, V, all on the
superbeam.

Mediaset is txm Italia 1, Rete 4, Canal 5 and a test screen in MPEG2 on
txpr 60, 11.919 GHz, V, on the widebeam.

Comment: prior to the official start of RTP Internacional on Hot Bird 2
were all the radio stations txm. Later, most probably due to the known
up-link difficulties, they were turned off, and a day later one by one
switched on again.

AMOS 1, 4 West, SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/amos1.html
------
Txpr 6L, 11.653 GHz, V, was, after been reduced in power during the day,
switched off.

GORIZONT 26, 11 West, SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/g26.html
-----------
Late at night, yesterday evening, txpr 6, 3.675 GHz, RC (ORT1) and txpr
7, 3.725 GHz, Rc, (VRT) have been thoroughly tested. The same was
visible on txpr 17, 4.125 GHz, Rc (ORT1) on the Express 2 on 14 West.

PANAMSAT 3-R, 43 West, SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/pas3r.html
------------
The Pamamsat colorbar test card changed today from 12.701 GHz, V, to
12.704 GHz, H. (Exiting isn't it?)

MPEG2 IRD SOFTWARE UPGRADE
-------------------------
Multichoice has announced a software upgrade for the PACE DVB 501 IRD
prior to the 31 of December, which will allow the reception of not coded
free channels. It is not known if this concerns only the
European/Skandinavian bouquets or if also the Middle Eastern IRD's will
be upgraded.

SAT-MidEast Intern
------------------
I'm proud to announce that the SAT-MidEast pages are up and running !
No more coming soon.... messages, just take a look at:

http://sat-net.com/sat-mideast/

Tell me what you think, what I did wrong and what you would expect.

Only then I can improve a service which is ment to be for the
intermediate satellite television consumer. Don't expect too much for
DX'r. In this part of the world there is a lot of basic information to
be given. Some freebies however, you will find when you surf around a
bit. A lot of info's are stored, but remember: everything from the
Middle Eastern point of View!

I certainly await your comments...

Best regards,

Henk C. Room / Sat-MidEast / Cairo - Egypt

Home Page (G): http://www.sat-net.com/sat-mideast/
Home Page:(E): http://www.intouch.com/~hcroom/