[Prev][Next][Index]

SAT Observations 96.11.13

WELCOME TO SAT-MIDEAST !
A news release from Cairo, Egypt, located at 30.3 North - 31.15 East
WHAT YOU'LL FIND HERE:
- Satellite and Transponder Observations in C- and Ku-Band,
- Commented from the Middle Eastern perspective.

WHAT YOU DON'T FIND HERE:
- Astra, Eutelsat Superbeam and Skandinavian Reports.
- D-Box Info, DF-1 Reports and daily Feed Listings.
THE HEADLINES IN THIS REPORT:

- Only Bits & Pieces

Comment:
--------
Due to a glitch in the server's network are the DStv report and this
tiny observation report transmitted on the same day.

>From Friday 15 November until Friday 22 November no reports will be send
out, while I will be on a business trip to southern Egypt and Sudan.
However I will try to find a sat receiver and watch the reception status
over there. Any submitted requests or questions will be answered upon my
return. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Gorizont 24/Express 6, 80 East, Satco-DX:
http://www.satcodx.com/g24.html
---------------------
I cannot confirm the improved reception of TV6 and RTR due to a transfer
from the Gorizont to the newer Express 6. Reception is still poor and
due to inclination not stable. No activity could be observed on any of
the new Express 6 txpr.

INTELSAT 604, 60 East, SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/i604.html
--------------------
Trxp 38B on 4.188 GHz, Rc, was again used for the continuing cricket
test in Sharjah (UAE). English sound on 6.60 MHz.

GALS 1/2, 36 East, SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/gals1.html
-----------------
Txpr xx on 12.169 GHz had a better reception today, therefore became
txpr xx, 11.766 GHz a lot weaker, and was difficult to lock on.

ARABSAT 1C, 31 East, SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/a1c.html
Today the txpr of Abu Dhabi TV was used for the continuation of the
cricket tests in Sharjah (UAE). English commentary on 6.60 MHz.
The UAE SNG txpr  had a news feed on a state visit to the Emirates. This
event was live covered on several other Arabic channels.

Best regards,

Henk C. Room