[Prev][Next][Index]

Re:s/w-update 9200 with 9600-s/w?

A------------------------------------------------------------------------

>City: Stavanger
>
>Questions: Dear Dr.Dish
>
>I have been reading the Tele Satelitte for 10 months now, and i have to say
that the magazine has helped me alot in learning more about satelitte.
>I have also been reading the q&a and it a good service you provide and it
helps alot of people,well i hope that you can help me.
>I have an Nokia 9200 and i am wondering if it is possible to update the
reciver with the update for the Nokia mediamaster 9600,which Mascom has put out.
>I would appriciate if you could help me on this, as i would like to update
my reciver.
>Please do reply on the subject if it is possible to update the Nokia 9200
with the update for the nokia 9600, which Mascom has put out on there server. ?

>Regards,
>
>M.Butt

Dr.Dish:
We did the test for you and lost our 9200 (for a while). Against all
warnings from Mascom we had to convince ourselfs: it is not working!!! If
you try, you will loose all current s/w in your 9200. All parts will be
transfered properly from your PC to the 9200 (erase/write). After writing
all 15 parts into the 9200, your box says: update rejected and will switch
off for ever.
So, give Mascom a little more time until the suitable s7w for the 9200 is
available. Nokia forces a lot into the 9600-project, but - I believe so -
does not take care enough of the thousands owner of the 9200.