[Prev][Next][Index]

S-Band Wave guide

thanks for the tapes of Dr.Dish-TV. Wish we would have the same show here.
Reading your special stories on utility reception and watching the tapes, I
got from a surplus shop a little helical for the s-band. Itīs mounted on a
plate and expects some kind of adapter to fit with my n-connector. Any idea,
how to get this stuff?
S.Pelllerini, Minneapolis, Min.

Dr.Dish:
Now comes  the expensive part, because somebody at the surplus shop removed
the non pressurized waveguide. It is a standard wave guide to coax adapter
and called WR-430 (frequency range: 1.7 to 2.6 GHz) and will cost you about
$ 500,-. Usually this adapters go from waveguide to N or SMA. If you canīt
find it in a surplus shop, you should contact Pasternack Enterprises,
P.O.Box 16759, Irvine,CA 92623, Fax: 714-261 7451. For N-connection it is
the part number PE9825, but look first for (cheaper) surplus dealers.