[Prev][Next][Index]

TELE-X near the end?

With our 1.8m dish we receive Tele-X here in Switzerland quite good. During
a local meeting of satellite-installers I heard some rumours about switching
off this satellite. Do you have some information on this matter?
C. Nehli, Wil

Dr.Dish:
If everything goes as planned, TELE-X should enter by now an inclined orbit,
but with no affect to owners of small dish in Scandinavia. This controled
swift will not more then 0.8° p.a., but could affect larger dishes with
narrow beamwidth.
The end of life is programmed for September 1997. TELE-X will be placed to
the satellite junk-yard, which is 330km higher in orbit. The replacement is
the SIRIUS-2, which offers 32 transponders.