[Prev][Next][Index]

TS News - CBS Launches Digital Version Of TeleNoticias

TELE-satellit News, 27 July 1996

CBS Launches Digital Version Of TeleNoticias
  NEW YORK, New York, USA, 96/07/25 (Sat-ND) -- US network CBS entered the
direct-to-home (DTH) satellite television market by launching its 24-hour
Spanish language news service CBS TeleNoticias on the DirecTV service
offered by Galaxy Latin America.

  CBS TeleNoticias, which is owned by Westinghouse/CBS, is a leading 24-hour
Spanish-language news channel. Under the direction of CBS News, the network
provides continuous international news, business reports, sports, lifestyle
features and international weather updates.

  "Currently, CBS TeleNoticias reaches more than 20 million homes in 22
countries via cable and broadcast," said Stephen Soule, Sr. Vice President,
Affiliate Relations of Group W Satellite Communications, which markets CBS
TeleNoticias. "It is our goal to bring our quality news service to every
Spanish-speaking home in the region. CBS TeleNoticias' distribution via
DirecTV is another step in reaching that goal."

  The DirecTV service, which launched in Venezuela on July 18, is scheduled
to begin service in Brazil and Mexico in early August. It is the first
service to offer DTH satellite television entertainment to Latin America and
the Caribbean.

  Source: Sat-ND

(c)TELE-satellit 1996. All rights reserved.

[Other mailing list archives]