[Prev][Next][Index]

SAT-Usenet 14/98

SAT-Usenet
14/98
get the best from Satellite-TV Newsgroups via eMail!

This service is sponsored by
TELE-satellite
INTERNATIONAL
http://www.tele-satellite.com

Editor for TSi:
Marc Ruenger
eMail: MRuenger@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/mruenger/sat-tv.htm

ALL MATERIAL PROVIDED HERE IS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE
USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

- SCI-FI NEWS (or not ;-))

What happend with SCI-FI channel on 1W?
they broadcast from Sirius 2, they no longer broadcast
from 0.6 ° west
marko.rozenbergar skrev i meddelandet <3525083B.C913276D@usa.net>...
>What happend with SCI-FI channel on 1W?

- JAIL SENTENCE FOR SKY-HACKER

John McCormac wrote:

> Chris Carey was sentenced to four years today after pleading guilty to
> conspiring to defraud BSkyB. It was alleged that Carey was the
> mastermind behind the hacking of the BSkyB smartcards. He apparently
> employed a Candian company to do much of the reverse-engineering work.

Well...., a bit sad I think... here goes a real pioneer!!1
Even if the guy was commercial, he did a faboulos job, and that's what
counts for me...We miss guys like C.H.Carey...SAD!! I always admired
his work...
Regards,
Werner

From: Werner G. Seitz      Copenhagen      Denmark

- ENGLISH FOOTIE VIA NON-SKY-SATELLITE

On Sat, 04 Apr 1998 16:06:23 GMT, © Mr Teflon (© Mr Teflon) wrote:

>MTV Europe have been showing adverts on behalf of C+ stating that
>people interested in the Live English footy should contact them for
>information etc.
>
>Would somebody in one of the associated countries i.e. those that can
>subscibe to C+ please give them a ring and obtain any information on
>what they are doing or intend to do as regards English football.
>
>I understand that TV2 will stop showing Saturday football at the end
>of this season as C+ now have the rights.

That is correct, and Canal+ currently do show premiere league matches.

And just for you here are the matches being shown soon...

06/04 Blackburn vs Man U
13/04 Blackburn vs Arsenal
19/04 Coventry vs Liverpool
26/04 Derby vs Leicester
27/04 Crystal Palace vs Man U
03/05 Arsenal vs Everton
04/05 Man U vs Leeds

And as expected all these matches will be only on Canal+ Gul.

All these facts come from the Canal+ web site, so you know who to
blame should these details prove incorrect.

>Please could someone tell me on which C+ channels they will show the
>football - I can only receive the 2 x C+ channels at 1 degrees west
>(analogue) ?

Tut, tut.

I have already answered this question from you once before, and it is
Canal+ Gul which shows the premiere league football.

And I do not believe that they have any plans to show these events on
their other channels.

So your best bet considering their digital service will be encrypted
soon, will be to obtain a bigger dish or pay $ky for their service.

>How much is a sub for the C+ channel that will show or is showing the
>english football on Saturdays ?

That I cannot say, but I doubt that you could pay for just part of
their service. So I expect that it would not be cheap, not that you
can see the required channel.

>Can the channel that shows the football be received on a digital ?

That it can...

Canal+ Gul (Digital)
Thor2
11,278 V