[Prev][Next][Index]

SAT-Usenet 11/98

SAT-Usenet
11/98
get the best from Satellite-TV Newsgroups via eMail!

This service is sponsored by
TELE-satellite
INTERNATIONAL
http://www.tele-satellite.com

Editor for TSi:
Marc Ruenger
eMail: MRuenger@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/mruenger/sat-tv.htm

ALL MATERIAL PROVIDED HERE IS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE
USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

- DUE TO TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, 5 DAYS LATE, SORRY

- CMT IN THE CLEAR

CMT is broadcasting in clear PAL on Intelsat 601 at 27West, 11.166 V.

For info on this and lots more satellite feeds have a look at my
website.
--
Geo at Planet-z         http://www.planet-z.demon.co.uk
The original satellite feed home page.

Information on satellite feeds, where to see them and what to expect.

- SIGNAL FROM TV3+ IMPRPOVED

Neil Brumby wrote:

> Has anybody else noticed a huge signal level increase in 3+, in my area
> (North East England) it is up to about the level of sirus. On the other two
> channels (TV1000 Cinema and Sci-Fi) the signal remains the same (hardly
> nowt).
Noticed the same yesterday. Used to be able to lock (and decode) 3+
after 21.00 CET with sparkles. Yesterday, PERFECT picture from 19.00.

BTW : Sci-Fi is stopping on TV-SAT2 from March 31, then only available
from Sirius 2, let's hope that will bring more power to Cinema.

/Kim
Germany

- CLOCK ON MEDIAMASTERS

In article <01bd4775$1530b020$1fe5869f@default>, djmac <djmac@tinet.ie>
writes
>When I set the correct time on my MediaMaster 9200/9500,  the next day it's
>as if I never did.  The time is out by about six hours.
>
>The machine is never unplugged.
>
>Anybody had similar problems ?   Or am I missing some other control, like
>store?
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated   ....thanks   ....Denis.

Annoying isn't it.

They get the time from the channels so if you pause on a European
channel, you get European time!

I found that if you manually set the time from the settings menu - using
the arrow keys to corect the time, you should be less hassled by it.
--
Ron O'Brien

- TROUBLE WITH NOKIA-DIGITAL RECEIVER AND OLD LNB

In article <34ffd412.39845620@nntp.netcomuk.co.uk>
           satgod@netcomuk.co.uk(NOSPAM) "SatGod" writes:

> On Mon, 2 Mar 1998 22:15:22 -0000, "frank halberg"
> <fhalberg@online.no> wrote:
>
> >My 4 year old motor. analog system with Tandberg 660 tuner and SMW X-Line
> >LNB dont work with my new Nokia Mediamaster 9602 and a global smart swich.
> >
> [snip]
> >or have I wrong smart swich.
>
> I presume that you mean the Global Smart Priority Switch (SPS-1), if
> so then this is unlikely to be the cause of your problem.

On the contrary, it's VERY likely that this is the cause of the trouble.
It certainly seemed to be the case for someone else with a similar
problem about a month ago: that thread was transferred to
rec.video.satellite.europe, because it doesn't have anything to do with
the a.s.tv.crypt group --- I'm transferring this thread too: Cc to
original poster in case he doesn't take that group.

AIUI, the Global SPS-1 (and indeed most other "smart" switches) operates
on the basis that one satellite receiver is counted as the master: when
it is on, it controls the LNB's polarity and band, and signals from the
LNB are passed back to that receiver.  Only if the receiver is switched
off does the *other* receiver control the LNB, and receive signals from
the LNB.  This would perhaps be useful for a set-up with an analogue
receiver that's already using a universal LNB, such that the LNB is
shared (but independently) with the digital receiver.

#####

You can subscribe AND unsubscribe at TELE-satellites Homepage at:
http://www.tele-satellit.com
For information on how to subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to
Majordomo@tags1.dn.net (_not_ to me, please - so do NOT use reply) and include
the line
help
in the body of your message.