[Prev][Next][Index]

SAT-Usenet 03/98

SAT-Usenet
03/98
get the best from Satellite-TV Newsgroups via eMail!

This service is sponsored by
TELE-satellite
INTERNATIONAL
http://www.tele-satellite.com

Editor for TSi:
Marc Ruenger
eMail: MRuenger@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/mruenger/sat-tv.htm

ALL MATERIAL PROVIDED HERE IS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE
USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

- CHANNEL TESTING ON SIRIUS 2

A new channel is testing on Sirius 2 on 12.225 GHz P.A L. (Phase Alternate
Line)
Audio is on 6.50 -50uS. Channel is T.E.S.U.G. which is Television and
Satellite
Users Group if I remember correctly. Transmission is for Satfest 98. I will
post further info later,        regards      Michael.

In article <69nofp$f22$1@news1.sol.no>, Kenneth Olsen <keols@online.no>
comments ...

>I saw a new "channel" on Sirius today!
>Frequense 12.226
>It was something about a "Satellite Festival",and "coming soon"
>Someone who know what it was?
>The clock was about 14 .15 when I saw it,but now it is only a black screen.

That is a temporary service uplinked from the UK that will run Sat/Sun -
Mono audio 6.60 MHz stereo audio 7.02/7.20 MHz commentary audio [for
visually impaired] either 7.38 MHz or 7.56 MHz (I just forget which
they're using).

As I understand it they are basically making use of the time set aside
to 'soak test' the UK uplink which will be used to carry [I think]
*either* NBC Europe *or* CNBC Europe [I suppose its more interesting
than colour bars and tone] ...

I believe the 'Satellite Fesitval' swings into action at 09:00 UTC
[10:00 CET] Saturday morning.

- Not cross posted in alt.satellite.tv.crypt where it would be off-topic
-

==

Ray

- ASTRA 1G RECEPTION PROBLEMS

Arnaud schrieb in Nachricht <69n5jq$296$1@news-sj-3.cisco.com>...
>Hi,
>
>having problems receiving 1G, like I had ?
>Although I was supprised it seems to be cause by
>the signal which is to strong.
>ARD mentions this on their text-tv page.
>
>Instead of buying new equipment try to use the
>old 'astra 1D extender'.
>
>I still had one, which I did not use anymore.
>If you insert this one between the coax, without
>using the band-switching power it works great.
>--
>Arnaud
I had ASTRA 1 G reception problems too and I found out that the relais
switch that connects my digital d box receiver with my analogue receiver was
the problem. Connecting the d-box directly to the dish cured all reception
problems
Frank

- PROBLEMS WITH NEW ASTRA SATELLITES

In article <69l3j8$2ilu@newton.cc.rl.ac.uk>, Brian McIlwrath
<bkm@bkmpc.bnsc.rl.ac.uk> comments ...

>Eric Wiltsher (tesug@cix.compulink.co.uk) wrote:
>
>: > Actually Astra don't have a launcher!!!! The Proton launch has been put
>: > back two months.
>: There's more than enough redundancy within the Astra system so as to make
>: the launcher question almost accedemic
>
>But NOT, surely at 28E!

True, something would have to be moved - though I see from the MediaTel
WWW site that BskyB have put back the launch of their digital service
till the second quarter of the year ...

>SES have (it has been reported) said that they will not be moving any of
>the current fleet to the new position (even though with the redundancy they
>could). I cannot see Sky starting a digital service at one position just
>to shortly move it.

However I have seen reports that BskyB are testing in digital format via
Telecom 2D at 5 degrees west on 11.492 Ghz v (SR 27500, FEC 3/4).

Apparently they are currently reported to be carrying 14 programmes
(either 'empty' channels or encrypted services).

Information supplied by stefan.hagedorn@inorbit.com

==

Ray

   E-mail : ray.w@zen.co.uk

#####

You can subscribe AND unsubscribe at TELE-satellites Homepage at:
http://www.tele-satellit.com
For information on how to subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to
Majordomo@tags1.dn.net (_not_ to me, please - so do NOT use reply) and include
the line
help
in the body of your message.