This service is sponsored by
TELE-satellite
INTERNATIONAL
http://www.tele-satellite.com

Editor for TSi:
Marc Ruenger
eMail: marcruenger@geocities.com
http://members.aol.com/mruenger/sat-tv.htm

ALL MATERIAL PROVIDED HERE IS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE
USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

- PROBLEMS WITH CARD-ACTIVATOR SOFTWARE

[I've swapped the text around to make it easier to read]

In article <01bd160b$8ddf12a0$14547ec2@pharri>,
PH <pharri@globalnet.co.uk> wrote:
> Rasmus Rohde <rohde@mi.aau.dk> wrote in article
> <68dtud$1d6$1@news1.inet.tele.dk>...
> > I've been playing around with deluxe, and finally I got it to work
(well,
> > thought so).
> > It worked fine until the program died at 8fb4 while trying to write
the
> > eurocrypt program.
> > After this I can't even seem to get a reset from the card
> >
> > Is it totally screwed or does anybody know of a way to fix this ??
>
> Sorry M8

> its buggered, killed 4 of my cards with the prog before I found proper
> instructions on Clanzers site, then got my last card to work although it
> only seems to do EC-M channels.

I don't know what all you guys are doing wrong. I've programmed 9
different cards for all my mates, not a single problem with any of them.
Just using the default value of wa on my 386. Some of them don't work
first time, but if you restore them and try again a few times, eventually
they will go. I've not had any problems with cards getting killed, though.
BTW, it doesn't decode Canal+ :-(

Happy new year to all, good luck to the hackers for '98!

Cheers,

Chris.

--
Chris Coe, The KeyBlitz Project - automated EuroCrypt keysearch

Technical Support: mailto:keyblitz.support@zetnet.co.uk
KeyBlitz Web site: http://www.ifb.net/rotech/keyblitz
KeyBlitz Chat:     mailto:keyblitz.chat@coollist.com (see web site to join)
KeyBlitz IRC Chat: channel #keyblitz on FEFnet - see http://www.fef.net

- FILMNETDECODER AND CARD-PROBLEM

Helge Ligaard wrote:

> I've got a old Filmnetdecoder that's asking for a Filmnetcard. I've tryed a
> working remote but it didn't help. The menu looks different. In setup mode
> my decoder is displaying software 2.02.
> Who can help me with a new software in a HY6264-chip or a file?
>
> As described before in this NG :

Pull the 230V plugPress + and - buttons in at the same time, and while doing
so, insert the 230V plug again
You are now in SERVICE MODE
Key in the following with your remote control :  220 100 000
The decoder now responses DONE
Pull the 230V plug again - wait 1 minute - insert it again.
Now your decoder will never ask for the Filmnetcard ever again

- BAN ON PORN CHANNEL IN BRITAIN ?

http://www.thisislondon.com/dynamic/news/story.html?in_review_id=21863&in_revi
ew_text_id=17432

Ban on TV porn channel

by Charles Reiss

The Culture Secretary Chris Smith is preparing to ban a French-based
satellite porn channel from Britain in the first such move by a Labour
government.

Mr Smith is expected to write in the next few days to the Eurotica
channel and to the French government giving them 15 days formal
warning that the Government is about to act.

After that Mr Smith intends to bring in a legal ban on the sale of the
smart cards required to decode the signal and receive the programmes.
He will also outlaw advertising in satellite listings magazines and
elsewhere.

The Independent Television Commission, the industry's official
watchdog, recommended in the autumn that the marketing and sale of
Eurotica be banned, saying that its output "consists almost
exclusively of unacceptable pornography".

The ITC found that Eurotica was "actively targeting the UK satellite
audience".

Mr Smith viewed some of the material earlier this month and agreed to
act. The ban will make it a criminal offence to supply any equipment
for use in connection with the operation of the service, to advertise
it, or publish any programme details.

It will not stop existing British subscribers, believed to number
around 100,000, from continuing to watch. However ministers believe it
will deny the channel the advertising and new market revenue it
requires to continue.

"They know that their days are numbered as far as the UK is
concerned," said one senior ministerial source.

The move to ban Eurotica is the latest round in a running war between
the Government and Europe-based satellite hardcore porn channels.

The previous government took similar action against the Rendez Vous
channel. That company merged with Eurotica to dodge the ban. Other
channels against which the government acted include Red Hot Dutch, TV
Erotica and Satisfaction Club Television.

© Associated Newspapers Ltd., 30 December 1997
This Is London

--
Phil Stovell
Petersfield, Hants, UK

- VH1 GONE ?

Some very bad news.
VH1 Deutchland will not longer be available on 19 degrees east. It will
disappear on the 1st of January. You can recieve VH1 on 11615 from 20.00 -
24.00 h. During the day Nickelodeon Germany broadcast on this transponder.

Jos van den Broek,
Melick, Netherlands

#####

You can subscribe AND unsubscribe at TELE-satellites Homepage at:
http://www.tele-satellit.com
For information on how to subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to
Majordomo@tags1.dn.net (_not_ to me, please - so do NOT use reply) and include
the line
help
in the body of your message.