This service is sponsored by
TELE-satellite
EUROPES SATELLITE MAGAZINE
http://www.tele-satellite.com

Editor for TS:
Marc Ruenger
eMail: MRuenger@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/mruenger/sat-tv.htm

ALL MATERIAL PROVIDED HERE IS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE
USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

- FRANCE 3 ON TELECOM 2B, 8 DEG WEST ??
Pierre Ramsay wrote:

> Last night I noticed that France 3 is now on the Telecom 2B satellite (8
> degrees West) in clear SECAM.  Seems to ba a national version of the
channel
> specifically for satellite as the logo says 3sat.
>
> regards
>
> Pierre

Don't mean to be cynical, but France 3 has been there for weeks now

Dom

--
Dominic Sedghi

The Ed. was not able to find it - Freq ??? PLEASE

- SKY CARDS AND VBL-FILES

Aidan wrote:

>I have a legal 0a (unmodified) card. I cancelled it last week and it was
>due to be switched off on Saturday last. I have been only puting it in
>the decoder when I am actually watching something to try and extend the
>life of the card. If I were to record VBLs of the programs I wanted to
>watch and then pass this info through my 0a card later could this
>permenently stop Sky switching it off?

No, this will not work. A VBL contains all the 0x74 crypto-messages
that were sent out during the program you recorded the VBL from.
As a consequence you are sending the same commands to your card as
it would have received them if you were watching the program live.
I'm not sure whether non-crypto 0x74 packets are included in a
VBL (I think not, not sure) but regardless the chance of deactivation
remains.

Regards,
Mijo.

RE: SAT-Usenet 03/97
OUR STAR TREk-LIST

Can you inform the "updater" of the DSN-list above that we have been using
Intelsat 707 for 9 months now at 1 degree west. Intelsat 707 is located at
177.05 east.

One more thing TV 1000 repeats DSN 9 at 8.00 am (C.E.T) every  wednesday
after.

Regards

Richard Karlsson

Re: SAT-Usenet 05/97 Euromir transmissions
From:	grobinso@esoc.esa.de
To:	MRuenger@aol.com

As far as i am able to ascertain, video feeds from MIR are carried on
Eutelsat II F4   Transponder 51 in PAL

Regards

Graham Robinson

[Other mailing lists]