This service is sponsored by
TELE-satellite
EUROPES SATELLITE MAGAZINE
http://www.tele-satellite.com

Editor for TS:
Marc Ruenger
eMail: MRuenger@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/mruenger/sat-tv.htm

ALL MATERIAL PROVIDED HERE IS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE
USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

- PROBLEMS WITH YOUR PACE-RECEIVER ??

Nigel Goodwin
wrote:

>> I've just acquired a Pace MRD920 (D2MAC version of SS9200) which works
fine apart from the fact that there are diagonal lines scrolling across the
picture.
>> I know that I've seen this problem described here somewhere (was it a
capacitor
>> that needed replacement?) but can't find any mention at present. The lines
are
>> present when taking the picture via the UHF tuner or via the SCART socket.
>
>If you have access to an oscilloscope, check for ripple on the PSU output
>lines - it's almost certainly a dried up capacitor on one of these. If you
>don't have a scope, just change them all!.
>
>C21 - 2200uF 25v
>C25 - 2200uF 25v
>C29 - 100uF  35v
>C33 - 1000uF 25v
>C37 - 1000uF 25v
>C200 - 100uF 25v
>C128 - 100uF 25v  (was 10uF)
>
>If available, you should use 105 degree capacitors.
>
>BTW, it's often C29 or C200.

I forgot to bring my shopping list when I went into Maplin's but luckily
remembered the values of C29, C200 & C128 so bought just these. I've now
fitted
them & the picture is now perfect, in fact I think that it's better than my
MSS1000/BDE353 combo.

Thanks

--
Nigel Barker