This service is sponsored by
TELE-satellite
EUROPES SATELLITE MAGAZINE
http://www.tele-satellite.com

Editor for TS:
Marc Ruenger
eMail: MRuenger@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/mruenger/sat-tv.htm

ALL MATERIAL PROVIDED HERE IS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE
USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

- NEWS FROM THE ASTRA-TRANSPONDERS

Dave Porter comments :

>Anyone noticed? Veronica has gone and in it's place is CMT Europe in
>videocrypt.

Well to be pedantic Veronica ceased analogue transmission for a while
*before* CMT Europe started to use the transponder :-)

> This was on all day yesterday and so CMT Europe was on in the
>evening for the first time on Astra.I quite like CMT, it makes a change
>from that Techno rubbish on MTV.

It has been trailed as moving to 51 on various teletext services
satellite news pages and at least one WWW site ..:')

>CMT is still on transponder 24 ending at 7 pm for JSTV. However JSTV was
>also in the clear last night on Transponder 53, the Racing / CNE Channel,
>from 7 to midnight with a 'test transmission' which was the same as the
>scrambled programmes on 24.

This is because JSTv is moving to Astra 1D transponder 53 - with CMT
Europe moving also, the question you should be asking is "what will
become of transponder 24 ..?"

>Also SBS 6 has gone to be replaced by a test card,

Just marking time till October [when test/promo. transissions for WB-Tv
will commence].

> and the old RTL 4 and
>Multi Thematiques channels have only colour bars today.

The old RTL 4 transponder is earmarked for a German version of QVC,
whilst transponder 58 will carry "Granada Goodlife" from October 1st
[and is already carrying Radio Netherlands programming on the 7.38 and
7.56 mHz subcarriers].

--
Ray

- WHAT ABOUT NEW D2-MAC STATIONS DR2 AND NRK2?

>> :Nope, but I was wondering about the same thing. And I guess that DR2
>> :should have their own key, since we in Norway and you swedes shouldn't be
>> :viewing that channel.

>Why should that be the case? As far as I understood the whole purpose of
>putting DR2 on satellite was to share it with the other Scandinavian
>countries? There was all this political chest-thumping on this some months
>ago when the (digital) package was announced.

No it is put on satellite because there are no vacant terrestial
channels allocated to DR, so their only possibility for launching
a new channel was using satellite.
The digital package serves two purposes:

  1) Feeding cable companies in the other scandinavian countries.

  2) Distributing DR1 and DR2 to the terrestial transmitter towers
     in Denmark.

As for the use of the CTV key: Eurocrypt allows different channels
to use the same key by using the Theme and Level facility. Thus
original cards will only descramble channels it is authorized for.
Here in Denmark you can get a free card for DR2, but this does not
decode the CTV channels.

Can anyone in Norway or Sweden tell if their VIASAT (TV3) cards
will descramble DR2 now?

Regards
Per

- ART5 RECEPTION IN EUROPE

Mike Ginger wrote:

> From: John Carlson
>
>  Jo> Is ART 5 Europe at 16 east planning to stay in PAL ?
>
>  No. It should dis-appear during September.
>
>  It was only broadcasting from here, because some Prince was on
>  holiday in Europe and he wanted it available so that he could
>  tune into it.
>
>  Art 5 seems to appear, somewhere, on satellite every August for
>  just this purpose.
>
>  I think Art 5 is available, permanently, on C-Band somewhere though.

O Mike

[Other mailing lists]