This service is sponsored by
TELE-satellite
EUROPES SATELLITE MAGAZINE
http://www.tele-satellite.com

Editor for TS:
Marc Ruenger
eMail: MRuenger@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/mruenger/sat-tv.htm

ALL MATERIAL PROVIDED HERE IS FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE
USED FOR ANY COMERCIAL REASONS, WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION FROM THE EDITOR.

- The WEATHER-CHANNEL ON ASTRA

"Alan Duckers" <alan@duckers.u-net.com> wrote:

>Does anybody know what Astra freq the Weather Channel will be broadcast on
>and if the station will be 24 hr.
>Thanks,
> Alan.

The weather channel is going on transponder 60 the same as sky movies gold
10.877 v
the source of this info was of paramount text page 741.

             --- stephen goulding ---

- NICK ON ASTRA

Philip Burdenwrote:

>In message
>        Chris M Wilson writes:

>> > It quit today (15th)
>> > and now there are colour bars in PAL and audio test tones/sweeps.
>> > Whatsat for Sept says that Tr07 is reserved for Sky (Pal VC) and Tr27
>> > for Nickelodeon Scandinavia ({Pal clear).

>> Can you tell me where it has gone <to> please?Will D2MAC decoders still
>> decrypt it using the current PIC card software?

>it hasn't 'gone' any where, it has ceased transmissions on Astra. You
>will find it's still on Intelsat 702 at 1 West, and should decrypt ok
>using existing cards..

>P.

Or even Intelsat 707 !! at 1 West if you're going to put in
corrections you might as well be correct yourself.

- SOMETHING ABOUT THE NEW d-box

Hallo Chris!

 CM>   I understand that the operator Kirch has begun their digital
 CM>   service to Germany.
 CM>   I believe the digital boxes are now appearing in the shops over
 CM>   there.
 CM>   Can someone please tell me  :-
 CM>  1) What is the badging on these boxes -are they marked Kirch???

The box is called d-box. It costs about DM 890. If you subscribe to the
Kirch service, you can receive all the unscrambled channels that are part
of other packages of channels as well. However, you can't receive single
channel MPEG2 broadcasts like for example The Music Factory or TV10 on
Eutelsat 16 degrees east.

 CM>   2) Who actually makes these boxes for receiving Kirch services ???
 CM>        (I heard a rumour that it was Nokia).

The box is made by Nokia, although the company that does all of the
conditional access called Beta-Technik has probably made some changes.

 CM>  3) What's the latest status of the MMBG digital satellite service ???

You will be able to receive the MMBG digital services with the d-box as
well. It is not known when exactly they will start the service, it will
probably be this autumn.

Ciao
Frank

[Other mailing lists]