- Fox Sports for Britain and Europe
- BBC Digital back; Reception report
monday 23rd march 1998
Email: dsedghi@TELE-Satellite.com OR dominic@bigrp.demon.co.uk
Sat-UK-Web: http://www.sat-uk.com/
UK Satellite Control: http://www.sat-net.com/uk-satellite/
And now the news:

---------- Fox Sports for Britain and Europe
(source and copyright UK Satellite Control)
 The US Sports Channel, FOX SPORTS, is being beamed into Europe. The
feed is located on Panamsat 3R, 43 degrees West, 12.568 Ghz H, technical
Parameters SR 7030, FEC 3/4. The transmissions are on a feed from the US
in MPEG-2/Clear. Rumours suggest that FOX SPORTS will join Rupert
Murdoch's British Sky Broadcasting digital package which will start this
year.

---------- BBC Digital back; Reception report
 The BBC are back, this time testing with SCPC signals on Astra 1D.
Check 11.720 H and 11.798 H should provide the channel BBC Active, which
is currently displaying a BBC test card (I believe - I can't get a
picture, but the sound is that of s testsignal). Meanwhile, HotBird 4
continues to move west and is currently between 27.5 and 26.5 degrees
east. Here's a reception report:

Patras (SW Greece), 1.8m dish, 0.7dB LNB, Nokia 9600S
Astra 1D can be received; in bad weather though, the signal is not
good enough. Same for Sirius 2 Nordic beam.
(Theodoropoulos Panagiotis)

No other Sirius 2 reports please - I just included this one as a
one-off.

All contents (C) 1998 Dominic Sedghi, except where indicated. All
rights reserved. Contents may be reproduced providing the following
is included: "Provided by Sat-UK - www.sat-uk.com/".
Information is subject to change and/or may be incorrect.