[Prev][Next][Index]

Sat-UK-News #218: HotBird 4, Reception reports

Sat-UK-News Report #218:
- HotBird 4 turns super; reception reports
thursday 19th march 1998
Email: dsedghi@TELE-Satellite.com OR dominic@bigrp.demon.co.uk
Sat-UK-Web: http://www.sat-uk.com/
UK Satellite Control: http://www.sat-net.com/uk-satellite/
And now the news:

---------- HotBird 4 turns super; reception reports
 EuroSport and Fashion TV are now being used to test the super beam on
HotBird 4; I can not longer receive them at all. By the way, Intelsat
806 has now reached 57 degrees west and is testing, so if you can pick
anything up, let me know. Here are some reception reports:

Liège (Belgium), 1.2m dish, Monterey 40
Good pictures from both Astra 1D and HotBird 4.
(André Corteil)

near Dublin, 1m dish, 0.7dB LNB, Echostar LT8700, Nokia 9200
Astra 1D: Sparklie free on 11.992 H.
HotBird 4: Sparklie free on 10.727 H, 10.935 V.
(anonymous)

All contents (C) 1998 Dominic Sedghi, except where indicated. All
rights reserved. Contents may be reproduced providing the following
is included: "Provided by Sat-UK - www.sat-uk.com/".
Information is subject to change and/or may be incorrect.