- ABN and EBN to be taken away
sunday 11th january 1998
Email: dsedghi@TELE-Satellite.com OR dominic@bigrp.demon.co.uk
Sat-UK Web: http://www.sat-net.com/sat-uk/
UK Satellite Control: http://www.sat-net.com/uk-satellite/
And now the news:

---------- ABN and EBN to be taken away
(source: SATCO DX)

As from tomorrow, January 12th, the regional business channels, EBN
(European Business News) and ABN (Asian Business News) are to cease as
individual channels. On Monday, a merger will be effected bringing both
channels under the rule of CNBC. All information from the three channels
will be put towards a new channel called 'CNBC'. We'll have to wait and
see if EBN remains in the Sky Multichannels package - if not, Sky will
have some free air time to cook up another thematic channel.

All contents (C) 1997 Dominic Sedghi, except where indicated. All rights
reserved. The above may not be reproduced without written consent.
Information is subject to change and/or may be incorrect.