[Prev][Next][Index]

Sat-UK #96: SKY BOX OFFICE - NOT BOXING!

Report from the Sat-UK mailing list:
Report #96
- SKY BOX OFFICE FOR MONTSERRAT
- HOTBIRD 3 COVERAGE
- INTERNAL INFORMATION
august 30th 1997
====================================
The following may not be reproduced without written consent. Information
is subject to change and/or may be incorrect.
Email: dominic@bigrp.demon.co.uk . Homepage:
http://www.sat-net.com/sat-uk/
And now the news:

---------- SKY BOX OFFICE FOR MONTSERRAT
(source: SATCO DX)
Between September 16 and 19, Sky will be using several transponder to
give live PPV coverage of the Montserrat Aid Concert.
Many of you may well be aware of the situation in Montserrat - the
volcano on the island is showing strong signs of eruption, and the
inhabitants need to get off the island. Britain, however, of which the
island is a dependency, is not giving much help. Thus, a concert has
been organized to raise funds.
Sky BO will be showing this concert live at the following times on the
following transponders from 16-19 September:
11,597 V (tp 26): 22-06 UK Time
10,847 V (tp 58): 20-06 UK Time
10,862 H (tp 59): 20-18 UK Time
10,876 V (tp 60): 18-06 UK Time

---------- HOTBIRD 3 COVERAGE
(source: SATCO DX)
HotBird 3 will be launched on September 2 with a launch window of
21:16-21:57 UK Time. Here is a complete list of satellites carrying the
launch:
Galaxy 4: 3,920 R
Galaxy 9: 4,140 H
Telecom 2B: 3,768 R

---------- INTERNAL INFO
Almost all of the charts at Sat-UK Web have now been updated with the
new format. Only Intelsat 601, Intelsat Star and Orion F1 remain. I'll
do them soon.
Remember Sat-UK-Tab carries all of the test files at Sat-UK Web over
each week, sent directly via email.
A request has been put in for Turksat 1C at 42 degrees east, a satellite
which is currently not covered. This is a major satellite which is
receivable from the UK and carries many analogue and clear
transmissions. If support is great enough, I'll add this to both Sat-UK
Web and Sat-UK-Tab.
The only satellites at Sat-UK Web currently not carried on Sat-UK-Tab
are Intelsat Star and Orion F1, as they carry mostly feeds. However, if
you'd like text listings of these two satellites, let me know!

All contents (C) 1997 Dominic Sedghi. All rights reserved.

[Other mailing lists]