[Prev][Next][Index]

Sat-UK #88: ONE FOR ALL...

Report from the Sat-UK mailing list:
Report #88
- WOW TV CHANNELS
august 14th 1997
====================================
The following may not be reproduced without written consent. Information
is subject to change and/or may be incorrect.
Email: dominic@bigrp.demon.co.uk . Homepage:
http://www.sat-net.com/sat-uk/
And now the news:

---------- WOW TV CHANNELS
Regarding Wow TV, reported in yesterdays report (#87), the following
channels will be transmitted:

FUTURA: computers, technology and stuff
GLOBAL DOMINATOR: music
PASSION FOR FASHION: fashion and clothing
HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL: holidays & travel
THE INVESTMENT CHANNEL: banking, finance, etc...
AUTOMANIA: cars, bikes, the lot...
COUNTRY ESTATES & TOWN HOUSES: real estate
HOME SWEET HOME  AND GARDENS: house & home

Wow TV hopes to transmit via Astra 2A, or another satellite in the Astra
2-series - currently not under BIB or Flextech. There are no plans to
transmit terrestrially. It is most probable that Wow TV will transmit
using MPEG-2, although it is not known which CAM will be used - probably
the same as will be used for BIB's (Sky) package - all Wow TV could say
was that "We have been presented with a technology that offers a
different route to our market." It will however, be free-to-air.
More information will be sent out as soon as I get it.

All contents (C) 1997 Dominic Sedghi. All rights reserved.

[Other mailing lists]