	Von:  Domagoj Maric[SMTP:doma@iridis.com]
	Gesendet: Dienstag, 4. November 1997 09:01
	An:  sat-topic@tags1.dn.net
	Betreff:   Re: [SAT-TOPIC]: Nix da mit xtra

	Hi!
	My personal opinion is Xtra won't start because ADR broadcasting
technology
	(transponders) is too expensive for them. As far as I know, MCE
uses just
	one transponder for their approx. 60 channels, and DMX used
several times
	more (I think it was 8 channels per transponder or so). When you
multiply
	number of transponders needed by 100 000 US $ /year or so, it is
a sum
	Jerry Rubinstein is not willing to pay. Maybe some day Xtra will
start, but
	in MPEG, not ADR. By that time, MCE with their programmes
tailored to the
	European's taste will have much of the digital audio market in
Europe. Dr.
	Gerhard Höhne in his email of 15. October wrote similar opinion,
but it
	seems the former DMX customers (except me :) ) still wait for
the miracle.
	I have paid about 800 DEM for Radix ADR system, and I consider
it waste
	money. Now I'm looking for some kind of d-box to receive MCE,
but I'm
	confused by large number of very similar models.
	Regards,
	Domagoj
	-----
	Domagoj Maric