[Prev][Next][Index]

SAT Observations 97.04.16

WELCOME TO SAT-MIDEAST !
A news release from Cairo, Egypt, located at 30.3 North - 31.15 East,
sponsored by TELE-SATELLIT INTERNATIONAL, SATCO-DX and TBS Internet.
WHAT YOU'LL FIND HERE:
- Satellite and Transponder Observations in C- and Ku-Band,
- Commented from the Middle Eastern perspective.
HOW TO CONTACT SAT-MIDEAST:
Send relevant infos, interesting news, and creative comments to :

		hcroom@intouch.com

Upon your request are forwarded messages kept anonymous.
THE HEADLINES IN THIS 97.04.16 REPORT:

- Out for ART Australia ?
- AST logo change
- BAZTAB on Arabsat 2B
- Bits & Pieces

PANAMSAT 2, 169 East, http://www.satcodx.com/pas2.html
----------
ART Australia has interupted transmissions on 3.745 GHz, H, after only
four days of transmission. Presently a test card with text "PANAMSAT" is
displayed. (Information from H.Eid via SATCO-DX)

EXPRESS 6, 80 East, http://www.satcodx.com/e6.html
---------
AST (ACT) on 4.025 GHz, Rc, shows, at various times, a different,
smaller, logo in a mixture of localized typefaces, in the lower left
screen corner.
The letters AS-TB are paired in a square, with the first named on top,
in a slim type of yellow colour. AC would be the Kyrillic equivalent of
AS, whereby TB of course stands for TV.

THAICOM 3, 78.5 East, http://www.satcodx.com/launches.html
---------
The Thaicom 3 satellite, with an announced C-Band footprint for the
Middle East (among other), is scheduled to be launched tonight, April
16, with Arianespace flight V95 in a launch window from 23.59 - 00.41
CEST.

PANAMSAT 4, 68.5 East, http://www.satcodx.com/pas4.html
----------
The NTSC transmissions of NHK Tokyo on 12.602 GHz, V, are still very low
in power at present time, and produces pictures with plenty of sparkies.
Anybody any idea what could be the reason for this sudden decrease ?

GORIZONT 31, 40 East, http://www.satcodx.com/g31.html
----------
On 3.875 GHz, Rc, the trailer for CLASSICS! " The best of classic
television" is still daily transmitted in the late afternoon, early
evening.

ARABSAT 2B, 30.5 East, http://www.satcodx.com/a2b.html
----------
On transponder 17, 4.085 GHz, Rc, appeared a new Iranian opposition
channel "BAZTAB", with an audio subcarrier on 6.60 MHz.

Prior to the on-screen announcements from 18:45 CEST a test card with
the text "FUCHSST 625 PAL" was shown.
The pre-programming dia announces a transmission from "BAZTAB - Program
from Persepolis Global Productions" with GMT and local Iranian programm
start timings (18:45 - 20:00 CEST).

For contacts TEL: 001-213-888-8776 and FAX: 001-213-5161-623 were
mentioned, which in fact are numbers in Hollywood, CA, USA.

Original programming, with announcers, musical entertainment and factual
information started punctual at 19:00 CEST. Picture quality in Cairo was
excellent, audio quality poor, while distorted and fequently interupted.

RADIO ORIENT: There are some conflicting reports of the radio channels
on the audio subcarriers of Future TV on 3.864 GHz, Lc.
One report says: 7.38 MHz: Radio Liban and 7.56 MHz: Radio Orient; the
other, received lately, mentions only Radion Orient on 7.38 MHz. Who can
help me out ?

EUTELSAT II-f1, 13 East, http://www.satcodx.com/e2f1.html
---------------
Maybe I'm too busy at work and I really missed something, but after the
few Arabic words I heard during the test of the new EuroNews audio
channel on 7.74 MHz, I could observe only the English commentary
yesterday evening, and was surprised with the French equivalent today.
What went wrong ? Money ?

SME comment: I'm aware that it would be a timely limited service, but I
would not expect an almost untraceable transmission, just to satisfy the
EU subsidiaries !

HOT BIRD 2, 13 East, http://www.satcodx.com/hb2.html
----------
Transponder 53 is showing a new MPEG-2 carrier on 11.785 GHz, H, on the
widebeam. About the contents I'm still in the dark, while awaiting my
new NOKIA 9200 S Free-To-Air.

The AB Sat promotion channel was interupted on 11.766 GHz, V, for a few
hours today from about noon. During this time, the Arabesque package was
testing here in MPEG2. (Info kindly supplied by J.Robinson via SATCO-DX)

AMOS 1, 4 West, http://www.satcodx.com/amos1.html
------
Transponder 3L, 11.131 GHz, V, was used for an interview transmission
with an audio subcarrier on 6.60 MHz. This transmission could also be
seen on Intelsat 705, 18 West, 4.188 GHz, Rc
(http://www.satcodx.com/i705.html).

EXPRESS 2, 14 West, http://www.satcodx.com/e2.html
---------
On frequency 3.975 GHz, Rc, just a carrier, no further changes.

Best regards,

Henk C. Room / Sat-MidEast / Cairo - Egypt
- SAT-MidEast maintains a site with all relevant Middle Eastern
- satellite information, and a regular updated, satellite based,
- archive of observations and messages released since the start
- of SAT-MidEast on November 5, 1996.

         SAT-MidEast: http://www.sat-net.com/sat-mideast/