[Prev][Next][Index]

SAT Observations 97.02.07

WELCOME TO SAT-MIDEAST !
A news release from Cairo, Egypt, located at 30.3 North - 31.15 East,
sponsored by TELE-satellit, SATCO-DX and TBS Internet.
WHAT YOU'LL FIND HERE:
- Satellite and Transponder Observations in C- and Ku-Band,
- Commented from the Middle Eastern perspective.

WHAT YOU DON'T FIND HERE:
- Astra news, DF-1 reports and Skandinavian reports.
- Regular feeds and news transmissions are not listed.
THE HEADLINES IN THIS 97.02.07 REPORT:

- Panamsat 4
- Express 2
- SME 1000
- Bits & Pieces

PANAMSAT 4, 68.5 East, http://www.satcodx.com/pas4.html
----------
The Iranian transmissions on frequency 4.036 GHz, H, are now becoming
regular, starting after the closedown of the Doordarshan transmissions
on 4.040 GHz, V, (the opposite polarization).
No onscreen logo is presented up to date.

INTELSAT 703, 57 East, http://www.satcodx.com/i703.html
------------
The quality of Khabar TV on 11.650 GHz, Rc, has slightly deteriorated,
both in picture and sound. This morning various tests have been
performed on this transponder.
The test card from Kazahk TV on 11.550 GHz, Rc, shows now Alma Ata as
location of the uplink station in the regular Russian test card.

GALS 1/2, 36 East,
--------
Sergej Kolosha from TELE-satellit's SAT-Russ sends following remarks
after yesterdays report and comments about the footprints of the Gals
satellites:

These maps were scanned by me but they were published in September or
October of 1996 in a Russian satellite magazine. I think the movement of
beams to the south is explained by the very little interest in GALS
channels in the region of St.Petersburg and the North West of Russia.
The Southern regions of Russia, with poor terrestrial TV service, are
much more interested in satellite reception and have a large population.

ARABSAT 2B, 30.5 East, http://www.satcodx.com/a2b.html
----------
Beside the transmissions of RTM 1 Marocco on transponder 11, 3.825 Ghz,
Rc, ASBU feeds on transponder 13, 3.980 GHz, Rc and Arabsat feeds on
transponder 7, 3.845 GHz, Rc, another transponder has been tested on
4.085 GHz, Rc, yesterday. More test could be expected after the
completion of the festivities marking the end of Ramadan from 9 to 13
February 1997.

EUTELSAT II-f2, 10 East, http://www.satcodx.com/e2f2.html
--------------
Previous RTP Internacional transponder 39, 11.659 GHz, V, was used
tonight for a Davis Cup tennis feed, Danmark vs Hungaria, with a
commentary sound carrier on 6.60 and a natural sound carrier on 7.20
Mhz. It was the first time after the ceasure of RTP-Int. that this
transponder was used for a transmission other than Portuguese.

Express 2, 14 West, http://www.satcodx.com/e2.html
---------
Transponder 9, 3.825 Ghz, Rc, showed again a B&W testcard today, for a
short period of time, with a sound carrier on 6.60 MHz. The last time I
saw this, previous Malagasy, transponder active, was on 27/01/97 with a
test card as used by Sudan on Arabsat 2A.

PANAMSAT 3-R, 43 West, http://www.satcodx.com/pas3r.html
------------
SAT-1 showed a strong feed from a tropical surrounding at sunrise on
12.590 GHz, V, whereby it seemed that no sound connection could be
achieved. A kind of morse code could be received on 7.08 MHz, it was not
the usual transmitted station code. Transmission ended at 12:45 CET.

The strong test card on 12.577 GHz, V, was switched off, as was the card
on 12.699 GHz, V. Presently only a "PANAMSAT" colorbar card is visible
on transponder 7EK at 12.701 GHz, H.

SAT-MidEast at http://www.sat-net.com/sat-mideast/
-----------
This night SAT-MidEast welcomes the 1000. visitor to the Middle East
Info pages on the sat-net.com server, since the start on December 20th.
1996.
An average of 20 visitors a day ! I think not too bad for a niche site !

Thanks to all visitors for the received positive comments and the
submitted constructive remarks. I will try to keep up with the pace of
the incoming mail... ( a little more than 20 a day !)

CARNIVAL Intern (as transmitted on E2f1: Deutsche Welle TV)
--------
I hope all German readers which having a great time in the the "fifth
season", don't forget to empty their mailboxes... Helau !

My special greetings go to readers in Cologne, the city where I lived
for more than 16 years... Im gedanken war ich gestern am Alter Markt mit
den Black Fooss und die Hoehner ! Mir fehlt hier nur et Koelsch un' de
Currywuusch... Dreimoll, Koelle Alaaf !

Best regards,

Henk C. Room / Sat-MidEast / Cairo - Egypt

SAT-MidEast maintains a homepage with all relevant Middle Eastern
satellite information, e.g. receivable satellites, their positions,
future satellites, foot print maps, latest news, broadcaster info's,
interesting Internet links, and a, satellite based, archive of all
messages released since the start of SAT-MidEast on November 5, 1996.

         SAT-MidEast: http://www.sat-net.com/sat-mideast/
You can send relevant infos, interesting news, and creative comments
direct to : hcroom@intouch.com
Upon your request are forwarded messages kept anonymously.

TAKE A LOOK FOR MORE INFO AT THE SPONSORS INTERNET PAGES:
- TELE-satellit: http://www.TELE-satellit.com/
- SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/
- TBS-internet: http://tags1.dn.net/

[Other mailing lists]