[Prev][Next][Index]

SAT Observations 96.12.29

WELCOME TO SAT-MIDEAST !
A news release from Cairo, Egypt, located at 30.3 North - 31.15 East
WHAT YOU'LL FIND HERE:
- Satellite and Transponder Observations in C- and Ku-Band,
- Commented from the Middle Eastern perspective.

WHAT YOU DON'T FIND HERE:
- Astra, Eutelsat Superbeam and Skandinavian Reports.
- D-Box Info, DF-1 Reports and daily Feed Listings.
THE HEADLINES IN THIS REPORT:

- TB3 txpr tested on Express
- Bit & Pieces
- SAT-MidEast intern

Yesterdays mailing has not been send out, due to a lack of interesting
news. Today it's not much better...

EXPRESS 6, 80 East, SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/e6.html
---------
Transponder 14, 3.983 GHz, Rc, has been switched off since yesterday.
Transponder 17, 4.125 GHz, Rc was today tested and has an empty sound
carrier on 7.50 MHz. This transponder will carry TV3 from the 1st of
January 1997.
The signal level of transponder 17 is very high in Cairo.
AST on transponder 15, 4.025 GHz, Rc, features the commercial input and
news reporting from channel "2x2", previous known from the transmissions
from GALS. Regular broadcasting however can not be seen.

GORIZONT 24, 80 East, SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/g24.html
-----------
The adult movies at night time from NTV have been seen last night on
11.525 GHz, Rc, un-scrambled as well as on Gals 1/2 on 11.919 GHZ, Rc,
but about two hours earlier.(as every night)

TURKSAT 1C, 42 East, SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/t1c.html
----------
After the additional transmission of TRT International Avrasya on
transponder 12, 10.971 GHz, H, with sound on 6.65 MHz, the radio station
on 7.02-7.20 Mhz could be identified by Muzaffer Parildar in Turkey as
TRT-FM. Thanks !

EUTELSAT II-f4-M, 7 East, SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/e2f4.html
----------------
Again transmissions from BRTN 1, (Vlaams) on txpr 26, 11.078 GHz, V.
Nothing special in particular, but the BRTN often transmits the complete
signal in the feed, including Tele Text, which btw. includes a code that
immidiately switches the Tele Text watch on the top of the screen (not
undo-able, you have to power down the TV-set). The transmission was in
the clear (no SIS) with sound on 6.60 MHz.

INTELSAT 707, 1 West, SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/i707.html
------------
After the ceasure of all Israeli channels on Amos 1, minor changes on
the Isaeli transponder took place.
Transponder 111X-A, 10.968 GHz, V, Israel's feed transponder, used
yesterday the test card "IBA-CNCT-CH1" as seen on Amos, today a new one
appeared on there"EMEQ HAELA", which I never have seen before.
The standard test card for Israel 1, on transponder 73A, 11.136 GHz, V,
has still the new subtitel "EITANIM"

AMOS 1, 4 West, SATCO-DX: http://www.satcodx.com/amos1.html
------
Some SNG activity could be seen tonight on txpr 4U, 11.510 GHz, V,
Middle East beam.

SAT-MidEast Intern, SAT-MidEast: http://www.sat-net.com/sat-mideast/
A new map of the eurobeam of Sirius 2 has been added. (/maps/s2.gif)
I'm still looking for the ultimate way to present these maps, personally
I'm still not happy with them, but believe me: I'm working on it.
Several minor updates and compatibility changes took place.

Best regards,

Henk C. Room / Sat-MidEast / Cairo - Egypt

Middle East Satellite Info: http://www.sat-net.com/sat-mideast/
Home Page Egypt: http://www.intouch.com/~hcroom/