[Prev][Next][Index]

WITCH HUNT FOR SMALL CATV OPERATORS IN VENEZUELA/CACERIA DE BRUJAS EN VENEZUELA

> POWERFUL CISNEROS GROUP AND HBO OLE STARTED
> WITCH HUNT FOR SMALL CATV OPERATORS IN VENEZUELA.

  In  a communist style move, Venezuela authorities seized and confiscated all equipment in a small Cable TV company because they where watching american  " grey market" TV channels in that country.  Authorithies seized $100,000.00  ( estimated dollars value) worth of equipment and removed the full headend off the premises. This action never ever  happened before in Venezuela and the unfortunately measure has originated lots of complaints from small CATV operators not only in Venezuela.  Solidar

  According to laws recently signed in Venezuela, the governement must support international copyrights, including american broadcasts originating in the United States.  Fines and licences denial ( or suspended) from CATV companies are some measures included in this law, but NOT seizure of any equipment as happened in this first action. This is a SHAME for the democracy in Venezuel

  As you can see...this first action confiscating all equipment to an small CATV company remembers the early years of the Castro regime in CUBA when cuban "communists" confiscated almost all privated property stolen from the legitime owners (including nationals). Everybody in Venezuela is telling the history that Galaxy LA and Cisneros Group " bought" the presidency in the country. Shame on Venezuela again!

  Some small CATV operators ( according to what Cisneros Group said) suscribed the Galaxy LA and are feeding  some channels from the Galaxy LA system into  the CATV system, but there is not any report confirming this. Just rumors and lies from the Cisneros Group. Nobody has any report. The Cisneros Group "think" and " believe" that this is happening....but guessing is not a FACT

                                                                                                                                                                    hing ESPN, HBO and some other popular american channels. But we must be honest.......people ouside USA, Mexico and the caribbean NOT AUTHORIZED legally to suscribe american channels, use any american address and PAY FOR THE SATELLITE RECEIVER, PAY FOR THE VIDEOCIPHER MODULE TO UNSCRAMBLE THE PROGRAMMING, AND PAY FOR THE SUSCRIPTION FE

  Anyway...we are reporting this situation because is abnormal.  The small CATV asociation ASOCABLE  in Venezuela an all members are challenging the measure and are united in the situation. Same situation for the exporters in Miami and some CATV operators outside the country. They all are afraid to what can happen in Venezuela if the Cisneros Group continued hunting small CATV operator

  The law...as we see now.....in Venezuela...is just for the Cisneros Group and people with money. If you are a poor guy...you can't buy justice or the presidency. Cisneros Group..yes...they can do tha

> Lionel Remigio
> lremigio@icanect.net

  NOTE: Tele-Satellite and Tag Broadcasting are not responsible for the opinions expressed here. All the opinions and point  of views expressed here are our responsability. If you have any questions or need to clarify some matters you can e-mail me at : lremigio@icanect.n