[Prev][Next][Index]

Funny cards

Q: I got a smartcard labeled "STAR". Do you know more about this service and
if receivable in my region (Leban.) Is it just gossip that one can buy now
illegal cards for different packages and one can update them?
N.N.

Dr.Dish:
Your card belongs to the STAR-TV package via ASIASAT-II (100.5 degr. east),
STAR-TV uses txp. 2A and 3A. All in MPEG-2 (NDC-encoded), 28.1 Msymb./sec
and FEC is 3/4.
No gossip: so called GoldPEGs are flying around for the complete packages of
Multichoice/Canal+ (Benelux, M.East, Skandinavia, South-Africa) and the
german packages DF1 and Premiere with all PPV and VOD. The selling company
claims this card can be updated by using the remote control of the digital
receiver. More next month in drdish@tv. You can catch it via Internet
(hopefully) again.