[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Trying to find DFS2 for friday night

>Hello there
>
>I am having some problems in getting any signal from DFS2 at 28.5E so
>that i can watch your show on friday. Although i have a a motorised
>system ( Pace MSS508, 1mtr Channel Master dish with 0.9db Echostar LNB )
>it stops at Eutelsat 1F4 at 25.4E, so i have put up an 80cm lenson heath
>dish with a 1db LNB in the hope i can pick up the satellite on the other
>LNB input.
>
>The problem is that although ASTRA and TURKSAT 1C come in strong, i can
>get nothing inbtween. Is there anything being transmitted from DFS2, or
>am i wasting my time trying to pick it up on the equipment i have ( i
>live just outside OXFORD in the UK ). If my motorised dish is going to
>be ok, then i will pay to have it realigned.
>

>By the way, will any part of the show be in english.
>
>All the best
>--
>Richard Ford

Dr.Dish:
Usually we are on air with test-patterns or a carrier 10 minutes before the
show starts on air.
DFS-II is a little bit difficult to locate, but most traffic today is
digital. But if you go on Astra to UK-GOLD, adjust the polarization from
horizontal to vertical and then move the dish to the east, you should have
no problem to locate drdish@tv. Since UK-Gold is on 11.553 and we are on
11.548 small minor adjustemnts may nessesary. The audio is on 6.65.
English sound: we hope, we will see Malcolm again, since he did a great job
during the last show. The problem is, he has to come all the way down from
Birmingham.
See you on friday !