[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: German TV in N.-Carolina

>City: Wilmington nc
>
>Questions: I am located on the east coast of the USA.  North Carolina to be
exact.  I used to live in Germany and would like to be able to receive ARD /
ZDF / RTL / SAT1 / etc.  Is this possible?  Will it require C band / Ku / or
possibly even D-box?  I already have a MultiSystem tv.  Are any of these
channels on sats that I can reach from the US?

Dr.Dish:
Sorry, at this time DEUTSCHE WELLE TV and Radio is the only service from
Germany available in the US. Turn your dish (starting with 130cm and up) to
INTELSAT K at 21.5 degr. west. Frequency: 11.605 GHz, horizontal, Audio:
5.94/6.12 (stereo). DW-Radio: 7.38/7.56 (stereo). TV is in NTSC-M.
If you do not have a Ku-band dish, but a larger one (2m and up) forthe c
-band you can receive DW-TV also via the SATCOM C-4 at 135 degr. (3.800 GHz,
vertical, audio 5.94/6.12 (stereo).
I believe very strongly that in due time - caused by the lower costs for
digital transmissions - more european tv will cross the Atlantic. Even
drdish@tv tries very hard to get some satellite time on a satellite directed
to Canada and the USA. At this moment the show is only seen (partly) in
cable households in Cincinetti, I am told.