[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: INS 605 on ASIASAT-2?

>City: Rawang
>
>Questions: Dear Dr.Dish
>
>I read with interest every answer that you give.
>
>My question is, can Philips D box model INS 605 used to
>receive ASTRO programs over MEASAT 1 be used to receive other
>programs such as Chinese channel and European bouquet from
>ASIASAT 2.
>
>Thank you

Dr.Dish:
This Philips-type is unknown to me, but the chinese channels via ASIASAT-2
are mainly in SCPC and here produces Philips the Ph 3950/11 for the chinese
market. This one runs properly on Hubei TV, Hunan TV, Guandong TV, Inner
Mongolia TV; Jiangxi-TV etc., but we have no confirmation if this receiver
runs on the European Bouquet. The E.B. can be received by the Nokia 9500 and
the Nokia based german d-box (converted for c-band) and the NOKIA-MASCOM
9200S, made for FTA-reception. The later 3 models will do it also on the
chinese scpc-channels.
If you like to receive STAR-TV from Honkong or Rebar TV from Taiwan, trouble
starts gain:
STAR-TV on 3.700 GHz wants to see a Pace DVS-211 (conditional access) and
STAR TV on 3.900 GHz will do it partly with a NTL 3000 or one of the three
Nokia-based receivers. REBAR TV will only work with the Scientific Atlanta
PowerVu 9223 (conditional access).
I know, it´s a sad story, but a fact.