[Prev][Next][Index]

Re:AB-SAT in Moscow

>City: Moscow
>
>Questions: Hello,
>I`ve been owning a Sat- set for 1 year
>and taking into consideration of the growing up digetal tv volume ,I`ve
>decidede to buy a digital receiver
>Next week I intend to visite Paris and to buy one
>What do you think about digital receiver offer buy AB-SAT
>in standart DVB (Digital Video Broadcasting) and VIACCESS de FRANCE
>TELECOM.
>Is it any sense in buing it , is it sense in AB-SAT programme card
>Is it passible to receive AB-Sat programmes in Moscow with|without
>abonement-card
>Thank you in advance
>Artur
>
>Country: Russia

Dr.Dish:
First of all, you will need a AB-subscr. in order to receive the package.
The package comes on two different EUTELSAT beams. Your dish size must match
the requirements for Superbeam and Widebeam.
A Thomson-receiver (bougth in France) will do. Also the MASCOM (see
TELE-satellite International 5-6/97) could do it. Even this one is
constructed for Free to Air reception, but will accept a Irdeto CAM and we
just received the unconfirmed news it will also work with the right CAM on
AB-SAT.