[Prev][Next][Index]

from Gardiner to Astrotel?

>Questions:  Dear Dr.Dish
>I have a question for you,
>I have a 3m. dish (Channel Master) with Wave-Guide Cal-Amp,
>Mini Mag 17k. for C-Band + Gardiner 0.7 for KU Band (after the test the
real noise
>figure of my Gardiner results 0.8 - 0.9 dB)
>If i change my KU LNB with a ASTROTEL AW6 can i see some
>improvements or not?
>Tanks for your attention, I hope to hear from you soon.
>Luca

Dr.Dish:
Don´t ask me such questions, if I answer correctly, I will offend somebody
again and no bribe money is coming in any more...
Lets try: If the Gardiner LNB says 0.7 dB and your results where 0.8 to 0.9
dB (I assume you tested by 20°C) then I would call Gardiner as honest
manufacturer. One not to name manufacturer offered once a 0.6db LNB and we
got was been 1.1 dB. So, no need to change to Astrotel, they will not be any
better. Only cheaper. Even if you get a real 0.6dB lnb (which I am not aware
of) you would not see any difference against a 0.8db-version.