[Prev][Next][Index]

ASTRA in Athens

>ATTENTION DR.DISH,
>I AM LEAVING IN ATHENS GREECE AND I AM HAVING A 12FEET
>UNIMASH DISH MOTORIZED WITH A DRAKE 2000 RECEIVER AND
>C-BAND AND KU-BAND LNB.COULD YOU PLEASE ADVISE ME
>IF I WILL BE ABLE TO GET ASTRA AT ALL?
>AND IF YES PLEASE ADVICE THE WAY AS MOST OF
>PEOPLE HERE IN ATHENS WHO ARE DOING DISH INSTALLATIONS
>HAVE REJECTED THE IDEA OF TRYING TO GET ASTRA UNLESS
>YOU HAVE A 6M SOLID DISH.
>THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP
>NICK NIKOLAIDIS

Dr.Dish:
Your UNIMESH-dish is fine for c-band reception, but will have some
disadvantages in the ku-band. A high-quality mesh-dish has the ku-band
ability of a factor of 0.8 compared with a solid dish. This means your dish
(if he is proper installed and is in 100% parabolic shape) could be compared
with a 9.6 feet solid dish. One of our readers and contributor to satcodx
uses on the Island of Crete a 10 feed solid dish and a Seavy-feed. i just
was looking ar his recordings from ASTRA and without threshold-extension he
receives ASTRA with about 10% noise.
With your dish you will see something, but in low quality. You could improve
a little bit in using the T.E. of your ESR2000XT, but don´t expect too much!