[Prev][Next][Index]

Brazilsat in N.Y.

>Questions:  HI, MY NAME IS JP, AND I THINK I HAVE BEEN LEFT OVER MAY BE
BECAUSE I LIVE IN THE US AND YOU ONLY DEAL WITH THE EURO PEOPLE, OR YOU JUST
DONT LIKE TO ANSWER TO MY QUESTION.
>THIS IS THE FIFTH QUESTION STILL NO ANSWER FOR THE LAST FOUR. PLEASE ANSWER
ME THIS TIME. HERE COME MY QUESTION.

>1 IS THERE ANY DIGITAL SYSTEM THAT IS ABLE OF RECEIVING BOTH US AND EURO
PROGRAMING.

>2 DO YOU I NEED SOME DECODER FOR PAL, SECAM, AND NTSC(US) TO GO WITH THE
DIGITAL IRD RECEIVER.

>3 WHAT SIZE DISH DO I NEED.
>
>               BRAZILSAT IN NEW YORK
>
>1 I CURRENTLY HAVE A 12 FOOT DISH WITH H2H AND MONTEREY M140, CORROTOR II
PLUS WIDEBAND FEEDHORN AND CALIFORNIA LNB(10.75-12.75) CAN I RECEIVER ANY
BRAZILIAN PROGRAMING IN NEW YORK, IF NOT WHAT DO YOU I NEED TO RECEIVE IT.

>THANKS YOU IN ADVANCE
>
>JP_KASENDE@MSN.COM

Dr.Dish:
We got a long line of people waiting for an answer. Sometimes - like in your
case - we have to ask our contributors in other parts of this world for
expertise, coming out from practical experience. Sometimes there is no time
left to answer all questions. Please understand that this service is free of
charge and all answering is done in sparetime.

1. There is no device to receive US and European digital tv with one
receiver. Different standards are used. One exception could be the
Echostar-satellite, because here MPEG-DVB is used. At this moment some
european models are converted to be true European, but we have to wait until
somebody uses this receivers in the USA. If successfull, we will report it
in in-sat and also in the TELE-satellite magazine.

2. At this moment you would need a PAL to NTSC converter, but if a sort of
Scientific-Atlanta is later in use for worldwide MPEG-reception, the switch
between the color-systems is done by the receiver.

3:BRAZILSAT is unfortunatly out of footprint. Some people in Florida got
weak signals with a 6 meter dish on the national combined beam. Not enough
to follow programming.