[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: European sat footprints

At 11:35 29.11.1996 -0800, you wrote:
>I am leaving Germany in January, but would still like to watch German TV.
>Are there any satellites that reach the east coast of the U.S. (Norfolk,
>Virginia) that carry German channels.  I am taking my Pace receiver with
>me, and understand that I'll probably need a larger dish.  The question
>is, are there any channels to watch?
>

>Ken Roberts

Dr.Dish:
In Virginia you could use for the reception on Deutsche Welle TV the Pace.
Only the dish has to grow a lttle bit (150-1650cm). Turn your dish to
INTELSAT K at 21.5° West. The frequency is 11.605 GHz, horzontal. Audio:6,8
MHz, Deutsche Welle Radio (in Stereo) is on 7.38/7.56 MHz. Colorsystem:
NTSC-M. This means the Audio/video to TV-Set should be made directly from
the AV-out of the Pace to the AV-in of the TV-Set, since the your Pace got a
PAL-Modulator, which is useless. Thats all from Germany, but you could get
RAI Italy via the same satellite with a additional D2-MAC decoder (no card
is required).