[Prev][Next][Index]

Conversion of SRB-1

>Country:  The Netherlands
>
>Questions:  I have post this message two weeks ago, but i don't have heard
from you to this time. I think it has not come trough, so i post it again.
21-11-96.

>Hello Dr-Dish,
>
>Last year i bought a Ferguson SRB1 receiver for D2Mac.
>This reciever is modified from D-Mac to D2Mac but can only receive not
encrypted channels.
>I have a schematic drawing of the console and I want to connect a
cardreader to it, but i can't get it to work.

>I have looked on the internet to find a solution for this problem but i
have only found a way to connect the mac-decoder to a outside receiver by
base-band input. I have heard that it is possible to upgrade with a cardreader.

>Do you have a solution for this problem ?
>

>Greetings,
>
>Marcel Vlaming

Dr.Dish:
We are talking here about a receiver from the year 1992 and this means I had
to go down to the cellar and looking in old files. Since we are not so
young, some time I needed to finde the way back..
There is (or was) one company in the Nethetlands who did all the work with
the SRB-1: Van Dijken Elektronika
Zuiderweg 19
9745AA Groningen
Tel. 0505-565717

Van Dijken offered in 92 a complete manual and also schematic diagrams. If
he is still alive, it´s the only company I know of, who could be of some help.