[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Scientific Atlanta Mpeg decoder

At 09:56 18.09.1996 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm a romanian living in Paris. One month ago i found out that two
>romanian tv networks are broadcasting on Eutelsat Satelites in MPEG 1.5
>/ 2. When i asked them what i need in order to receive them, they just
>mentioned Scientific Atlanta MPEG 2 decoder...
>They were also mentioning something about PowerVu.
>
>I have already a motorized 80cm dish, an analogic receiver and a
>MediaGuard mpeg2 numeric decoder.
>
>Can you help me in this matter of "hardware" needs?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>

>/*********************************************
> *   Mircea Crutescu
> *   UNESCO
> *   Networks Support Team (bss/nst)

Dr.Dish:
You have to look for the PowerVu Model D9223 from S.A. Its a little more
costly (about US$ 1250,-) but offers you more flexibility for
MPEG-reception. This commercial unit works on MCPC and SCPC signals and
provides variable bandwidths. The output is in PAL or NTSC.
With a little programming trick you can adapt this receiver to different
MPEG-standards. Have a look on my advice regarding this changes on this
pages (Sept.17).

Dr.Dish (Christian Mass)
TELE-satellite magazine
drdish@tv your satellite info-channel