[Prev][Next][Index]

AFN / NBC in Germany

>Questions:  I want to see AFN on Euntelsat or NBC on any other
>Receiver.
>1. Is it possible to get NBC(US-Version) from an
>   Satelite if the receiver is in Germany?
>2. AFN is on EUTELSAT 10degrees.But it's
>  decoded, so how many cost a B-MAC Decoder?
>3. Is it possible to see B-MAC signals after they are
>   encoded with an normal PAL-TV, or do I need
>  an NTSC-System?

Dr.Dish:
1. No, only occ. feeds are available via ORION F1 and INTELSAT K
2. There are no B-Mac decoders available to the public. It is not wise to
buy a B-MAC decoder on the black market. The system is adressable and this
decoder is nothing more then a good looking box with a lot of electronical
spare parts.
3. It depends on the tv-set. Some sets show a b&w-picture with less lines
and others cant find the vertical sync.
Dr.Dish (Christian Mass)
drdish@tv - the first european satellite info channel
live via DFS-II (28.5°E)