[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: SOUTH AFRICAN

> AS A SOUTH AFRICAN LIVING IN SALT LAKE CITY I WOULD LIKE TO BUY A
>SATELITE THAT WILL SHOW OR COVER S.AFRICA. SPECIFICALLY S. AFRICAN RUGBY.
>CAN ONE GET THE RECEPTION FROM SOUTH AFRICA OVER HERE. THEY HAVE A
>CHANNEL THERE THAT COVERS SPORTS CALLED M-NET(SUPER SPORTS).
>A REPLY WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
>
>                               THANKS ROB.

Dr.Dish:
Sorry, no way. M-Net is on the East-Hemi-Beam (3.650, rhcp) of INTELSAT 601
(27.5° West). Some people with very large dishes on the East-Coast got weak
signals from the East-Spot, but from your place the satellite is behind the
horizon. To make it more difficult: M-Net in encoded in IRDETO
Dr.Dish (Christian Mass)
drdish@tv - the first european satellite info channel
live via DFS-II (28.5°E)

[Other mailing list archives]