[Prev][Next][Index]

Ku-Band FDM

>Questions:  Could you tell me if there are any FDMA telephony
>transmissions on the back of any KU band transponders??
>I do not have C-band capabillty at the moment so I can only
>search the KU-band.I have a 1.2m offset dish,would adding
>a C-band LNB and Feed to this dish be sufficient for SCPC/
>FDMA reception???

Dr.Dish:
The only satellite with FDM in the Ku-band in Europe, is the INTELSAT 605 at
24.5° West. The problem will be the size of your dish. Just give it a try
and tune through the band until you see some dark pulsing channels. If you
have some kind of threshold-extension, it would help. To use 120cm-offset
for c-band is fine for the GORIZONT/EXPRESS-satellites.
Dr.Dish (Christian Mass)
drdish@tv - the first european satellite info channel

[Other mailing list archives]