[Prev][Next][Index]

Videolink

Q: Our company-building is equipped with a dish, able to receive EUTELSAT
(13°). For this we got a special permission. Our workers - living in
quarters about 500 meters away - will never get this permission, because
generally reception of satellite signales is not allowed in this country. We
would like to get one channel to this quarters. Tests with a simple
video-transmitter (UHF) failed, because too much interference would  make
this signals detectable. Is there another way (no cable) to transport this
signals?
(name and adress is known by the editor)

Dr.Dish:
The best way is to work with 2.4 GHz link. Videotransmitter and receiver are
available on the european market. Also available is a very small log-perod.
antenna from the geeman company Koeditz from Kassel/Germany. Disconnect from
the videotransmitter and receiver the small antennas and replace them by the
log-periodicals (only 18cm long) and direct them to each other. The
video/audio signals from the satellite receiver are connect to the little
transmitterbox and on the receiver site the televsion set has to be
connected ti the receiver-box. Make the boxes waterproof and you will get
the desired satellite channel with interference from point A to B.
Dr.Dish (Christian Mass)
drdish@tv - the first european satellite info channel

[Other mailing list archives]