[Prev][Next][Index]

Trinidad&Tobago

Q: I would like to install a own dish on my premises on the islands of
Trinidad&Tobago. In order to receiver some of the US-satellites I understand
it has to be large dish. Shall I buy the equipment in Europe? All the stuff
is on the islands quite expensive.
G. Belz, Dinhard/Switzerland

Dr.Dish:
Yes, it must be a larger dish. If you use a quality dish - usable for the
ku- an c-band - it could be the 3,7m dish from IRTE (italy) or you could buy
the same size in Micro-Mesh-quality from Orbitron. Advisable is a Corotor
for c/ku-band reception, but it has to be the US-version, because c-band is
in region 2 linear.Some receivers with low-threshold on the european market
are switchable beetwen 240 and 115 V (Echostar LT8700) but you have to use
video/audio out (RCA-conn.), since the european modulator will not work on
NTSC-M. A 17°K c-band lnc is fine. For the ku-band you can use the european
version (10,7-12,75 GHz). So you will be prepared for future development.
Also you will receive DW-TV via INTELSAT K. Footprints of all satellites and
channel-listings for the Americas you can in the 4/96 issue of
TELE-satellite magazine.

[Other mailing list archives]