[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Digital satellite reception

>Dear mr. Dish
>
>I have managed to get a hand on a digital satellite receiver (Pace), but
>lack the tuning information (freq. / pol/ symb. rate / FEC) neccesary for
>most of the test transmissions from the satellites. The only one I have got
>is the Astra 10.848 MHz test transmission.
>I am not able to find these information in your satellite magazine, and
>would be very pleased if you could help me.
>
>With kind regards
>
>Olav Frolich
>Danish Broadcasting Corporation
>(Danmarks Radio - TV)
>
>PS. I do understand German.

Dr.Dish: TELE-satellite magazine publishes on a regulary basis all known
MPEG-frequencies. To find out which symbol-rate is used, look for the
bandwidrh of the transponder. On a 33 MHz-transponder 27.5 Msym./s is normal
and on a 26 MHz transponder it is 22 Msym/s. die FEC is usually 3/4 or 5/6.
Since here you have the choice of only a handfull FECīs it is quite easy to
find out the proper one.

[Other mailing list archives]