[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: MPEG

>question:  According to the french magazine TeleSatellite, the french
digital package from France television will be launched on March 15th on
Eutelsat IIF1 (13east), on transponder 46 freq. 12 584 GHz.
>My dish (1,2 m of diameter) is turned in this direction and I receive
perfectly from this satellite: NBC Superchannel, Arte, Euronews, DW and MTV.
>Before buying a universal lnb in order to be able to receive this
frequency, I wanted to be sure wether the above mentioned transponder was
available in Iceland with a 1.2 m dish. In other terms it has to be sent on
the wide beam area.

>I would be very gratefull if you could answer this question.
>
>Remi Spilliaert
>Reykjavik, Iceland
Dr.Dish: The package is allready on transponder 46 (EUTELSAT IIF1), but you
will need a MPEG-receiver in order to see anything. In our last sat-tv show
we demonstrated the package with a Thomson-MPEG receiver. At this moment the
prgrams are just in MPEG, but not scrambled. This will change in the near
future. There are MPEG receivers from Pace on the market. This receivers are
build for South-Africa and appeard on the italian market for TELEPIU. This
receivers will let you see only the NTL-tests and TELEPIU. Itīs much better
to wait a little bit For reception of the digital signals you still can keep
your 120cm dish.

[Other mailing list archives]