[Prev][Next][Index]

Re:FTA in New Zealand

CJ Lancoma :

> D____comments: I am completely new to FTA (and to the term).  Can you
> please let me know what my chances are of recieving a signal in New
> Zealand as well as to range of services available.

Dr.Dish:
FTA means Free to Air. The opposite is Pay-TV. FTA are tv/radio-programs
transmitted via satellite without any charge and receivable by a
FTA-receiver. Many manufacturers call their receivers "FTA", eveb if the
devices receive only packages. Tis is not enough. A real FTA-receiver
should receive packages, single channels (SCPC), Ku/C-band and cope with
PAL- and NTSC-signals.
To get not mixed up with all this, I wrote a listing of different
FTA-receivers, which are published in TSI 7-8/98. Also we test regulary
new digital equipment in the magazine.
All satellites and programs covering your aerea are publisehed also in
TSI, but to get the latest situation, please go to:
http//www.satcodx.com/

Christian Mass (Dr.Dish)
Senior-Editor of TELE-satellite International
http://www.TELE-satellite.com
Producer of drdish@tv
http://www.drdish.com

[Other mailing lists|Sponsored by TELE-satellit]