[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Signal-detector

After successfully adopting your ideas about a self-made dish in the
ground, we try now to build some kind of signal-detector. Do you have
any idea for our students. It should really low cost.
Amy Velho, Uganda

Dr.Dish:
If your receivers are without AGC-terminals, here follows a passive,
handheld solution. Its not a proper schematic diagram, but should be
understandable:

O signal-input----------I Condens.I----->I diode
---------[variabl.resistor]--
 I                        I
I                 I          I                            I
 I                        I
I                 I          I                            I  +
 I                        Coil                          ^
resistor  condens.              meter
 I                        I                              diode
I          I                            I
 I ---------------I--------------------- I ----------I
------I-------------------I

Since the detector is passive, you should conntect it to the lnb through
a splitter.
Hopefully this funny drawing comes over!
-
Christian Mass (Dr.Dish)
Senior-Editor of TELE-satellite International
http://www.TELE-satellite.com
Producer of drdish@tv
http://www.drdish.com

[Other mailing lists|Sponsored by TELE-satellit]